National Bank of Commerce is committed to helping you protect your financial information and avoid scams that can compromise the security of your financial assets. Please be advised that we will NEVER ask for your personal information (e.g., account number, bank card number, social security number, PIN, password) by email or phone. If you do receive an email or phone call requesting personal information that appears to be from National Bank of Commerce, DO NOT respond and contact us immediately at 877-733-6862.
We recommend that you take these steps to protect against Internet and email fraud (phishing):
- Never click on links in emails asking for account information (e.g., account and routing numbers, PIN, password, social security number) or warning that your account will be closed if you do not update or verify your information. Misspellings and grammatical errors on emails and forms are good indications that the email is a scam.
- If you need to update personal information, go directly to the institution's website.
- Be sure your Internet connection is secure by checking the website url (address) or looking for the "lock" icon in the browser status bar at the bottom right. The website address should begin with "https://"; if the “s” is missing ("http://") the connection is not secure.
- Be sure to install and run updated anti-virus and anti-spyware software to keep your computer safe from malicious software (malware).
- Install a software or hardware firewall to help filter malicious connections.
- Keep your Internet browser, anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, and firewall up to date by regularly checking company websites for security upgrades.
- Regularly review your checking and savings accounts, debit and credit card statements, and credit report to ensure all activity is legitimate.